Boutique Beverly Hills Law Firm is in need of ENERGETIC Full-Time Family Law Associate Attorney .
Ideal candidate must have ability and desire to drive to various courthouses, as the law firm handles matters in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties.
The Ideal Candidate
• A licensed California attorney
• Law School graduate
• Has at least 1 to 3 years of Professional Work Experience at a Law Firm Specializing in Family law with Excellent References or is recently out of law school with an AMAZING attitude and a strong desire to work at a top-notch law firm!
• Is totally committed — we work when we’re sick, we eat at our desks, and we “bring it” every single day.
• Has a positive and upbeat attitude
• Is a quick-thinker and a problem solver
• Has Excellent time management capabilities
• Is always Punctual, reliable, and extremely dependable
• Loves working as part of a driven team
• Is extremely organized and detail orientated
• Thrives in fast-paced work environment
• Is self-motivated and proactive
• Get’s things DONE!
• Has “multi-tasker” as their middle name — look up “triage” — it’s an accurate description of our day — we’re constantly re-arranging tasks depending on what’s important — that fast-paced type of environment should excite you, not scare you
• Meets deadlines without sacrificing quality
• Never lets the words “that’s not in my job description” come out of their mouth
• Is a natural communicator — even bad dates go well for you because you can talk to anyone!
• Has a personality we’ll actually LIKE being around (it’s a small office — if you’re moody/emotional please move on — for all our sakes)
• Enjoys responsibility and taking “ownership” of tasks
• Is proficient with Mac computers and Microsoft Office
• Has tough skin, isn’t dramatic, and can counteract difficult/emotional clients with empathy and positivity
• possesses superior writing abilities
• ALWAYS wears a smile!
Primary job responsibilities will be daily representation of clients in court, drafting legal documents, perform client consultation, and interacting with current clients. Duties also include developing and implementing systems to build the family law division, extensive preparation of cases, sending letters to opposing parties, obtaining new clients, interacting with clients to discuss their case, legal document preparation, preparation of professional letters to opposing attorneys and claims authorities, calendaring deadlines, ensuring all deadlines are met for claims submission, general legal research, and coordinating with attorneys. Additional duties include assisting other associate attorneys with the preparation of family law and criminal defense cases as well as overflow tasks, assisting the receptionist with overflow calls when needed, proactively determining and implementing new systems and procedures to increase the firm’s overall productivity, and providing general administrative support to the firm and principal.
In addition to assisting with the family law division, you will assist the firm in the representation of criminal defense and personal injury cases and provide back up wherever needed.
• Mon-Fri 8:00am to 6:00pm
• $47,000.00 – $50,000.00 (Depends on Experience and Past Salary History)
If interested, please respond by submitting your resume AND a short paragraph in the body of your e-mail detailing why you are interested in this specific position and how you feel your traits/experience make you an ideal candidate.
We are a fast-paced boutique law firm located in the heart of Beverly Hills that is looking for a dynamic Family Law Paralegal to join our growing team! We're looking for someone who will assist us in the family law division of our firm, routine and daily representation of clients in court, draft legal documents, perform client consultations, and develop and implement systems to effectively manage cases, "wow" our clients with every phone call and interaction, always go above and beyond with a smile, and find great satisfaction in providing excellent customer service at all times.