We are seeking someone to serve as the first point of contact for our litigation law firm. The right candidate will be comfortable working in an environment with time-sensitive deadlines. The applicant will be well-presented, have front office professionalism, and the ability to multi-task, while maintaining a sense of priority. This person will take charge of our clients’ customer service experience and make sure they are well taken care of. The applicant must have outstanding interpersonal communication skills over the phone, face to face, and in writing when dealing with clients with a wide range of cultural backgrounds. The best person for this position will be flexible and have the ability to assess the needs of the clients and act quickly to address them.
This position requires:
* 2+ years of administrative, clerical, front office or other service industry related experience
*Attention to detail and reliability and a high degree of organizational and time management skills are crucial. Must be able to multi-task and work independently, demonstrate initiative and apply problem-solving skills
* Excellent telephone etiquette
* Ability to type 45+ WPM — with correct spelling and grammar (this is extremely important)
* Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, voice mail systems, fax system, and personal computers (efficiency with MAC computers is a *must” this is a MAC office.)
* Must be extremely proficient in using all email functions, and be familiar with using file sharing applications (such as Dropbox) as well as Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat
*Experience, efficiency and accuracy in scheduling appointments for attorneys
*Experience, efficiency and accuracy in responding to client queries and phone calls
* Experience with high volume data entry
* Experience with managing FedEx shipping (creating labels, scheduling pickups/deliveries, tracking packages)
* Experience with sorting/routing incoming mail & other correspondence
* Perform other tasks as required to support the Office Manager, Supervising Senior Paralegal and Attorneys.
Preferred but not required:
Law firm or other corporate administrative support experience a plus but not required.
* Bachelor degree, college diploma or equivalent
*Spanish Language skills and/or multilingual skills
* Experience with Bookkeeping/ QuickBooks
Full time position: 40 hrs. a week
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in working full-time 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday, email your resume and cover letter.