An International Immigration Firm is looking for a full-time Immigration Paralegal for our corporate immigration department. The ideal candidate will possess experience in case management, preferably in a corporate environment, strong organization skills, administrative experience, and the ability to multitask and meet firm deadlines. Prior experience in a law firm is desired but not essential.
The primary responsibility of an Immigration Paralegal is to prepare immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applications and petitions for filing with the various federal agencies and to maintain excellent communication with our corporate and individual clients. Under the supervision of an attorney, responsibilities will include the following:
– Interact with individual and corporate clients to ascertain immigration eligibility and documentation requirements;
– Maintain the integrity of company database which houses all relevant client documents, expiration dates, and immigration information;
– Draft supporting letters and correspondence with clients;
– Prepare immigration related petitions and applications including form preparation, document review, and submission to federal agencies;
– Prepare and update weekly case status and expiration reports and prepare renewal applications for timely filing;
– Attend and participate in firm meetings and information sessions;
– Prepare cases as completely as possible for review, identifying or highlighting any uncertain legal issues or missing information;
– Authorized to work in the United States;
Desired Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills;
– Must have strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and meet established deadlines;
– Strong attention to detail is required;
– Strong interpersonal skills and a pro-active work ethic are a MUST;
– Ability to cooperate as part of a team and assist with overflow from other team members;
An international immigration law firm founded in 1930. As one of the oldest and most established immigration firms in the country, One of very few firms of its boutique size offering an exclusive, stand-alone immigration law practice. Our team of experienced attorneys assists clients with a range of complex legal matters concerning visa options, permanent residency, labor certification, and enforcement issues.
Please submit a resume (in PDF or .doc form) with a cover letter in the body of your response.