Our Estate & Business Succession Planning practice group is growing, so we are seeking a reliable, experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to join this practice group.
– This employee provides day-to-day administrative and clerical support for attorneys, law clerks and paralegals.
– The work requires an ability to critically assess and anticipate attorney needs in serving clients and managing workloads; and involves the following job duties, in addition to others that may be assigned to meet business needs:
* Create and edit legal documents by transcribing dictation or following written or verbal directions.
* Fax, scan and photocopy documents; maintain efficient and organized files.
* Assist in client meetings.
A minimum of three years of responsible, relevant secretarial work in a legal setting is required. Other requirements include:
* Skill in the use of various computer software programs (Microsoft Office and document management software).
* Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms, documents, practices and procedures.
* Skill in organization and critical thinking.
* Ability to create documents using correct English spelling, grammar and punctuation; review legal documents to identify inaccuracies or omissions; pay attention to detail in all work and see work through to its logical conclusion.
* Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, attorneys and other employees in a team environment, maintaining confidentiality and using discretion and tact.
This job offers employees the following benefits:
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
College Savings Plan
Dependent Life Insurance
Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health-Care Spending Accounts
Voluntary Life Insurance
This position will close and applications will not be accepted after Friday, February 26, 2016.