Assist attorney in small firm by dealing with clients, preparing legal documents, correspondence, organizing records/files and assisting clients through the litigation or foreclosure process.
1. Prepare legal correspondence.
2. Maintain calendar and tickle system in civil litigation.
3. Review and organize financial records for processing loan modifications or other foreclosure alternatives.
4. Prepare written summaries for the attorney.
5. Assist in preparation for hearings, depositions and attorney client meetings.
6. Assist in preparing discovery responses, filing complaints and other litigation materials.
7. Assist in preparing presuit demands and requesting and gathering all pertinent financial and corporate records and insurance policies.
8. Electronic filing of pleadings in state and federal court.
9. Send correspondence via mail, fax, or arrange for delivery through FedEx.
10. Organize and maintain contracts, correspondence, records and other documents in paper and electronic filing system.
11. Receive and place telephone calls.
12. Schedule and make appointments or depositions or hearings.
13. Keeping in contact with clients and advising the attorney of status
14. Coordinating experts for trial.
1. Worked in business litigation law firm
2. Experience managing litigation case files
3. Capable of handling 60+ litigation files
4. Experience with mortgage modification process.
5.Must have strong communication and organization skills
6. Must work well on your own or under direct supervision
7. Reliable transportation.
8. Highly organized
9. Knowledge of rules of civil procedure for calendaring responses to pleadings and discovery.
10. Detail Oriented
11. Knowledgeable of the Microsoft Office Suite
12. Time Management skills
14. Responsible and Efficient
15. Strong Customer Service Skills and Communication Skills
Salary Negotiable and based on experience. Please reply with a current resume.