A Pacific Northwest based, nationally recognized law firm, is seeking a PARALEGAL with 5 or more years of experience to join its plaintiff litigation team. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of legal concepts, legal terminology, and legal processes. We are looking someone who is a team player, positive by nature, and has a strong desire to work closely with a group of experience lawyers and staff. The individual who is currently in this position is leaving us to attend law school.
Qualified candidates possess:
• A passion for protecting the rights of individuals.
• Exceptional communication skills — is personable, diplomatic and confident.
• Outstanding analytical capabilities.
• An eye for the details.
• Strong organization and time-management skills.
• Sound problem solving skills.
• Solid administrative skills, including proofreading.
• Demonstrated ability as an independent thinker and self-starter, and a strong work ethic.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Draft and finalize pleadings and other legal documents;
• Monitor and actively participate in all aspects of the litigation discovery process;
• Respond to interrogatories and document requests;
• Review and analysis of legal and factual data supporting client or adversary claims and
• Participate in client meetings; interview witnesses;
• Obtain and review documentation relevant to cases;
• Communicate and work closely with outside counsel, court personnel, expert witnesses, and
• Prepare for, attend and assist at depositions, hearings, administrative proceedings, mediation and
trial by assisting with preparation of demonstrative exhibits, jury research, and jury selection.
Interested applicants please reply with a cover letter and resume.