86-15 Broadway, Apt. 8K • Elmhurst, NY 11373
(917) 648-7452 • email@example.com
A Paralegal Graduate seeking the opportunity to assist attorneys in the delivery of legal services.
Queens College, Queens, NY
Certificate of Completion, with distinction, ABA-approved Paralegal Studies Program, 2015
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science, cum laude, Criminal Justice, Minor in Law, 2010
Blue Ribbon Restaurants Group, New York, NY 12/2010-Present
Accounts Payable Assistant
· Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices.
· Perform duties necessary for preparing bills, invoices, and statements for payment.
· Research and correspond to fraudulent inquiries with merchant accounts.
· Analyze credit card statements and expenses charged.
· Reconcile employees’ tip logs against tip reports for payroll.
· Generate invoices and statements for billing customers.
· Responsible for all cash and check deposits.
New York City Department of Probation, New York, NY 9/2009-12/2009
· Drafted legal instruments under the supervision of the supervisor probation officer.
· Evaluated and prepared probationers’ early discharge packages.
· Assisted probation officers’ evaluations and meetings with probationers.
· Observed arraignment, dispositions, and a trial in Criminal Court and Family Court.
· Managed filing of case files and court documents.
New Line Cinema, New York, NY 5/2006-6/2008
· Evaluated incoming invoices to determine urgency and departmental approvals.
· Processed accounts payable invoices and maintained vendor files.
· Corresponded with vendors on invoice and payment inquiries.
· Provided administrative support to the accounts payable manager.
B.R. Guest, Inc., New York, NY 3/2002-5/2006
· Matched invoices to purchase orders, entered invoices and maintained vendor files.
· Reconciled accounts payable invoices against statements.
· Communicated and resolved invoice discrepancies and concerns with vendors.
· Corresponded with vendors on invoice status and payment inquiries.
· Instructed new hires on accounts payable systems and procedures.
MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, QuickBooks, Oracle, Great Plains Dynamics, Westlaw, Tabs3